General Purpose of the Job:
The vocational employment specialist will manage and conduct all required assessments, orientations, career planning and job readiness workshops for employment opportunities at La Guardia Airport. S/he will also form linkages with a variety of community service providers to support the special pre-employment needs of the participants.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures that all pre-employment documents are collected and filed
- Lead orientation sessions for eligible clients
- Conduct career exploration and profile activities
- Conduct work readiness workshops and coaching
- Conduct community outreach to assure awareness of job opportunities at the Airport.
- Provide referrals to various tutoring and academic enhancement services
- Provide referrals for targeted vocational training
- Provide referrals for support services and wrap-around services
- Collaborate with CAO to maintain information regarding bank of current job openings in targeted sectors at Airport
- Follows up on participants’ progress/success
- Maintain computerized and hard copy progress notes on each client
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly program and statistical reports of outcomes
- Maintain a professional working environment
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of experience in job placements for an underrepresented population or 5+ years ‘experience in workforce development and career planning in a social service setting
- Good verbal and written communications skills and excellent computer skills a must.
Employment Type: Full Time
Language: English (Bi-lingual a plus)
Benefits: Participation in 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave.
Salary details: $45-50k annually depending on experience.