The Residential House Manager handles the daily activities of the residential facility to ensure optimal functioning and participant compliance. This position reports to the Senior Counselor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensures entire population is finger imaged.
- Conducts hourly house runs and maintains a daily client census.
- Attends to client’s daily needs.
- Ensures that clients attend scheduled treatment services as well as outside appointments.
- Enforces rules and regulations of the facility.
- Monitors medication compliance by way of ensuring clients are available at med times and documents noncompliance.
- Daily checks of client’s rooms and lockers for cleanliness and orderliness.
- Ensures that the facility has the proper supplies.
- Maintains storage room in a clean and orderly manner in compliance with fire and bldg. Dept. mandates.
- Ensures that the facility complies with all fire, and building regulations.
- Daily facility checks are ensuring that there are no safety hazards.
- Assigns client chore details.
- Assigns clients to various outside errands.
- Ensures that the surrounding grounds are attended to and free of any danger.
- Conducts evening fire drills.
- Directs evacuation of building in the event of a fire or another emergency.
- Contacts 911 immediately during an emergency that requires specialized assistance, and then immediately contacts supervisory staff.
- Assists counseling staff as needed.
- May be required to work evenings and weekends.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- HS Diploma/GED;
- 1 years’ experience in the same or similar capacity
- Must have computer skills.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services and be drug-free.
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary details: $17.04 per hour
Note: All Elmcor employees are subject to mandatory vaccinations per the New York City Vaccine Mandate regulations. All city employees and covered employees of contracted human services organizations must verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org