This position, in coordination with the supervising physician, is primarily responsible for increasing access to substance use services and Medication Assisted Treatments. The candidate will effectively engage patients, will report to the Medical Doctor for clinical supervision and the COTI Program Manager for administrative oversight.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- The Nurse Practitioner will participate in direct patient care.
- Conduct health screening services.
- Assessment of patients with known history of substance abuse disorders.
- Refer patients when necessary to appropriate medical and behavioral health facilities and follow up such referrals.
- Coordinate with Medical Doctor and clinical staff for tele-practice services.
- Conduct HIV/ HEPC screenings/testing and treatment referrals to high-risk populations.
- Conduct medical and addiction medicine care including the use of buprenorphine and/or IM Naltrexone.
- Will perform inductions and maintenance of patients on Buprenorphine.
- Author medication orders.
- Coordination of care with Behavioral Health Team (CASAC, Mental Health clinicians, Care Manager, Peers) to ensure continuity of care.
- Provide consultation and training to on-site staff.
- Assist with the identification and counseling of mental health and substance abuse problems.
- Work in a non-traditional environment; e.g. – mobile unit visiting disadvantaged and disenfranchised communities and populations.
- Participates in departmental staff meetings and committees as required.
- Document services and treatment plans in 10E11 EHR systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- NYS License to practice as a Registered Professional Nurse and certification by the NYSED in medicine to practice as a Nurse Practitioner. Must be eligible and maintain eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- DATA 2000 “X” waiver.
- NYS Prescriptive Rights
- Behavioral Health background preferred.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services and the Office of Children and Family Services and be drug-free.
Employment Type: Full Time
Language: English/Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
Benefits: Participation in 401K, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Annual and Sick Leave.
Salary details: $125k annually.