Under supervision of the Program Coordinator, provide virtual and on-site services to seniors of the senior center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure activity sign in sheets are accurately completed and submitted to the Data Specialist for Inputting in the Department for the Aging’s, Senior Tracking Accounting Recording System (STARS) daily.
- Ensures senior safety during recreational activities.
- Performs virtual activity services to homebound older adults.
- Assist older adults with set-up of zoom link and encourage them to attend virtual activities for social engagement
- Maintains and complies with the standards set by Department for the Aging (DFTA) and Department of Health & Mental Hygiene including, city, state, federal governing guidelines.
- Reports potential unsafe conditions to the Activities Coordinator immediately.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintains up-to-date activity flyers on bulletin boards and social media.
- Conducts Outreach for program services at center.
- Meets all deadlines of the assigned duties:
- Program Activity Calendar
- Monthly Units of Service
- First Aid, AED, CPR
- Maintains and meet all unit targets and goals.
- Plans and coordinates, recreational, social, educational, and health activities for In-Home services.
- Maintains an accurate list of support linkage groups.
- Refers seniors to social services support linkages by providing case assistance, and- information and referral.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Develops alternative solutions with the In-Home Coordinator.
- Works with Leadership in program planning and development.
- Must receive/obtain First Aid, CPR, AED training.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean Abstract
- Directly supervise all volunteers and/or consultants in the activity services. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
Job Type: Full-time
Salary details: $43,000.00 per year
Note: All Elmcor employees are subject to mandatory vaccinations per the New York City Vaccine Mandate regulations. All city employees and covered employees of contracted human services organizations must verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com