Seeking a passionate person comfortable with running the day to day of an amazing academy of learning. Must be well versed in Article 47 and hold a state teaching certificate to qualify as an Education Director for Elmcor Rising Scholars Early Childhood Program , in St. Alban’s Queens.Strong knowledge of UPK and RFP’s are a strong plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identifies, schedules and interviews teacher candidates; Builds networks of external future talent
- Conducts classroom observations, evaluations and provides feedback that motivates and encourages learning.
- Manages team to ensure curriculum is executed in alignment with DOE DECE standards;
- Uses a growth mindset to train, coach and develop for the future
- Listens objectively to employee concerns and plans a recommended course of action
- Builds and communicates weekly schedules
- Daily management of classroom ratios
- Manages on-site employee files in compliance with state licensing regulations
- Perform continuous written observations of staff and conduct yearly evaluations based upon those observations
- Support staff in meeting the individual needs of children through individualized planning, which also includes input from the child’s family
- Work collaboratively with Director of Youth Services to implement the program to its fullest
- Builds and communicates center schedules to ensure appropriate ratios are always intact and labor is effectively managed to budget.
- Leads tour with prospective families, highlighting key features/points of difference with our curriculum, teacher tenure/quality, etc.
- Regularly communicates with families regarding student progress
- Curriculum and Educational Philosophy: Train and support the teachers in creating a classroom curriculum that reflects ERS educational philosophy and adheres to developmentally appropriate practice (DAP) in Early Childhood Education (ECE). Prioritize learning through play and hands-on exploration and building upon the core foundation of social and emotional development.
- Lead the planning and execution of the program to provide child care for children which takes into account the educational, social, developmental and health needs of the group, as well as the individual child
- Regularly audits and maintains all records and files for students and teachers
- Ensures the physical environment and health/safety standards are full compliance with local and state licensing regulations
- Manages relationships with state licensors and conducts center evaluations
- Responsible for accident/incident reporting
- Medication management
- Conducts monthly emergency safety drills
- Create a culture that fosters families active role in their child’s program success
- Two or more years of Early Childhood Education Leadership/Management experience highly preferred. At least one year of Early Childhood Education Leadership/Management experience required.
- Must have professional teaching experience with 3 and 4 year old preschool children.
- Bachelor’s degree in ECE or related field highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of state licensing rules and regulations.
- CPR and First Aid Certification, highly preferred.
- Must have STATE TEACHING CERTIFICATION TO APPLY
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $60,000.00 per year
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org