Under supervision of the Supervisor of the Senior Services program, provide community In-Home services assistance to seniors of the senior center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure accurate Inputting of case notes and other pertinent older adult information in the Department for the Aging’s, Senior Tracking Accounting Recording System (STARS) daily.
- Ensures senior safety in their homes as required by Fire Department of New York (FDNY).
- Performs In-Home services to eligible members and homebound seniors.
- Assist older adults with set-up of zoom link and encourage them to attend virtual activities for social engagement
- Maintains and complies with the standards set by Department for the Aging (DFTA) and Department of Health & Mental Hygiene including, city, state, federal governing guidelines.
- Reports potential unsafe conditions to the In-Home Coordinator immediately.
- Keeps accurate and up-to-date records in a neat and organized manner.
- Maintains up-to-date resource files, materials and contact information.
- Maintains accurate display of benefits and resources of information on bulletin boards and designated area.
- Conducts Outreach of In-Home services at center.
- Meets all deadlines of the assigned duties:
- In- Home Activity Calendar
- Monthly Units of Service
- First Aid, AED, CPR
- Maintains and meet all unit targets and goals.
- Keep all records including enrollment reports and monetary contributions
- Plans and coordinates through the Activities Specialist, recreational, social, educational, and health activities for In-Home services.
- Maintains an accurate list of support linkage groups.
- Refers seniors to social services support linkages by providing case assistance, and- information and referral.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Develops alternative solutions with the In-Home Coordinator.
- Works with Leadership in program planning and development.
– Must receive/obtain First Aid, CPR, AED training.
– Must have a valid Driver’s License with a clean Abstract
Job Type: Full-time
Salary details: $43,000.00 per year
Note: All Elmcor employees are subject to mandatory vaccinations per the New York City Vaccine Mandate regulations. All city employees and covered employees of contracted human services organizations must verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org