The Clubhouse Youth Peer Mentor works as a role model providing peer based services to assist individuals in finding and maintaining their own recovery path from substance use disorders. This position reports directly to the Clubhouse Youth Engagement Specialist.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Work in collaboration with The Clubhouse staff in engaging participants in youth-centered goal setting
- Share personal knowledge and experiences about the youth serving systems and resources available to youth
- Co-facilitate evidence based programs and workshops
- Teach and demonstrate healthy relationships and communication skills
- Organize social, recreational, and educational activities for youth
- Represent the interest of youth who are in recovery or at risk in a variety of public forums and advisory groups
- Accompany Members on field trips, family events, cultural activities and civic assignments
- Attend meetings and conferences when assigned representing youth voice
- Provide services that promote hope, resiliency, responsibility, empowerment and self- sufficiency
- Provide youth with face to face and telephone support, information and referrals as needed
- Responsible to assist with training, support, and guidance of Members interested in volunteer positions such as the Clubhouse Advisory Committee
- Participate in outreach and supportive services to engage individuals in service
- Engage in the ongoing recruitment of Clubhouse Members
- Participate in staff meetings
- Provide support to youth at community meetings and other meetings as needed
- Enter all services on a daily/weekly basis into a data entry system and maintain records up to date
- Other duties may be assigned
- Lived experience in one of the cchild-servingsystems (i.e Substance Abuse, Mental Health, Child Welfare)
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Able to complete paperwork in a timely manner, flexible, willing to travel, and able to work well with others
- Computer Literate
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services and be drug free.
- Currently enrolled in High School or GED program, college student or college graduate.
Employment Type: Part Time
Language: Spanish/English a plus
Salary details: $15.00 hourly.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org