The Youth Recreation Specialist is responsible for teaching the fundamentals of sports through practices and game play, while Members learn valuable life skills, including sportsmanship and self-confidence. This position reports directly to the Recreation Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure the health, safety, and well-being of Members in a sports program by providing close supervision of all activities
- Create an atmosphere where all Members can have fun, are safe and learn the importance of good principled athletics
- Facilitate recreational, sports and family activities
- Maintain accurate program documentation (i.e. incident, accident and behavior reports, attendance and sign-in / sign-out sheets etc.)
- Maintain an organized work space by taking responsibility for the upkeep of sports equipment and materials
- Regularly communicate with Recreation Manager to discuss lesson plans and activities, to ensure a good working relationship with youth in Elmcor.
- Communicate with family members to promote an understanding of the growth and development of their child
- Work cooperatively with Elmcor and Clubhouse staff
- Keep Recreation Manager informed of any concerns or problems regarding Members or facilities
- Knowledge of sports management.
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED certifications strongly desired, but will train on the job.
- Must have computer skills.
- Must successfully complete a criminal background check, obtain clearance from the Office of Children and Family Services, and be drug-free.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience teaching or coaching recreation activities.
Employment Type: Part Time
Language: Spanish/English a plus
Salary details: $15.00 hourly.