Lead teachers will be the direct education provider to the children of district 29 and must reflect the values and mission of Elmcor in their pedagogy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Core duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead, coach, and mentor less experienced teachers in your classroom.
- Actively create and maintain a child-oriented, trauma-sensitive atmosphere to foster growth and development.
- Ensure developmentally appropriate and integrated curriculum providing for the educational, physical, and hygienic care of the children.
- Maintain a clean, bright and safe classroom environment..
- Collaborate with administration and other teachers regarding progress and needs of children.
- Conduct and further develop progress assessments.
- Provide information to parents regarding child development and engage parents in the child’s education process.
- Liaise with appropriate City agencies including DOE and DOHMH.
- Interact professionally, affectionately and respectfully with children, families and colleagues
- Develop both long- and short-term lesson plans based on the curriculum and philosophy of the Elmcor Rising Scholar
- Work collaboratively with Teacher Assistants to develop curriculum appropriate for child 3 yrs and 4 yrs old
- Consistently provide stimulating activities that will support their emotional, intellectual and social development
- Keep an open line of communication between families regarding their child’s developmental growth and transitions
- Experience using Creative Curriculum
- Assess all students using Teaching Strategies Gold
- Work with parents to increase their understanding of child development, including but not limited to development stages, developmental appropriateness, early literacy and parental involvement
- Monitor physical and emotional well-being of children
- Accept supervision
- Attend regularly scheduled staff meetings and staff training
- Communicate effectively with others, including giving and receiving feedback
- Cooperate successfully and professionally as a member of a team
- Involve in quality improvement process.
- Time management skills with the ability to run a classroom by established guidelines
- Working with fellow teachers, parents and children by knowing how to communicate and accommodate to audience
- Knowledge of Article 47-DOHMH and DOE EFQ
- Bachelor ECE and NYS Teaching Certificate (B-2)
- At least 2 years of teaching experience within an Early Childhood setting/ preschool
Job Type: Full-time
Salary details: $68,600.00 per year
Note: All Elmcor employees are subject to mandatory vaccinations per the New York City Vaccine Mandate regulations. All city employees and covered employees of contracted human services organizations must verify that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com